Prep: 50 min.
Bake: 25 min. + standing
4 Eggs, separated
5 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
3/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
- Place egg whites in a large bowl, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg yolks and melted chocolate; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Combine almonds and flour; stir into butter mixture just until blended.
- In another bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Spread jam over top of cake.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; spread over jam. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until set.
Yield: 12 servings.