- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup bread-and-butter pickles, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 4 hamburger buns, preferably brioche, split and toasted
- Butter lettuce sliced tomato, sliced cheddar cheese, crisp bacon and sliced avocado, for serving
For the Sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix the ketchup with the mayonnaise, pickles, vinegar, dry mustard, cayenne and Old Bay; season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Burgers
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, season the chuck with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Gently mix the seasonings into the meat and shape into four ¾” thick patties.
- Grill the hamburgers over moderately high heat for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Set the burgers on the buns, top with the ketchup sauce, lettuce, tomato, cheese, bacon and avocado and serve.
Courtesy of Price Chopper: https://www.mypricechopper.com/fresh-dish/recipes/recipe?id=8084