My Dad loved these. I don’t know why I ever stopped making them. This one is for you Dad
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Rub with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides; drain.
- Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. Combine tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: If you have a meat tenderizer use it. It will make the steak even more tender. Always use a very sharp knife cutting the steak and put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes or just long enough to make firm, it will make it easier to cut.