I am pretty sure I might get my southern card taken for this one but sometimes you just need some chicken and Dumplins in the middle of the week. This is quick and easy especially if you have left over chicken
- 1 1/2cups milk
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- Paprika, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, place 1 1/2 cups milk, the frozen peas and carrots, chicken and soup. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce to a simmer.
- 2In medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix and 1/3 cup milk until soft dough forms. Gently drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. Do not submerge dumplings in liquid. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3Simmer over low heat 10 minutes. Cover; cook 8 to 12 minutes longer or until dumplings are cooked through.