- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 to 4 lb beef brisket
- Spray 5-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, mustard, coffee, chili powder, chipotle chile, baking cocoa and 4 teaspoons salt. Spread over brisket. Place in slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Transfer brisket to cutting board. Allow to cool slightly. Meanwhile, strain sauce through fine-mesh strainer. Discard solids.
- When cool enough to handle, shred beef using two forks. Discard any remaining fat. Transfer beef and strained liquid back to slow cooker or storage containers.