- 1 10-ounce container low sodium cottage cheese
- 1 10-ounce package frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 3 oz. part skim mozzarella, coarsely grated (about ¾ c)
- 4 tbsp. grated pecorino
- 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 10-ounce package frozen squash puree, thawed
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 c. crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp. water
- Heat oven to 425F. In a food processor, puree the cottage cheese and spinach until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and fold in 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons pecorino, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup squash on the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 2 noodles and spread a third (about 1/4 cup) of the remaining squash over the top. Dollop with a third (about 3/4 cup) of the cottage cheese mixture; repeat twice.
- Place the remaining 2 noodles on top. In a small bowl, combine the crème fraiche and water and spread over the top of the noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons pecorino.
- Cover tightly with an oiled piece of foil (to prevent sticking) and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until the noodles are tender and the top is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Broil 2 minutes.