- 1teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 – 2small dried red chiles (like chile de arbol), torn into pieces
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6cups coarsely chopped sweet peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- 1Meyer lemon, sliced
- Harissa paste
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, grind coriander, cumin, and chiles; stir in cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle mixture over chicken.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes. Cook chicken 15 to 17 minutes or until done (170 degrees F). Remove to a platter; cover to keep warm. Add peppers and lemon slices to skillet. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until peppers and lemon slices are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add to platter with chicken. Serve with harissa paste.