TOTAL TIME: 0:20
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 c. crushed tomatoes
- 2 or 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 2 c. Grated Cheddar
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 avocado, diced
- sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high brown the ground turkey, onion, and garlic.
- Break up meat using a wooden spoon; season with salt and black pepper.
- Sauté about 5 minutes and add bell pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and chipotle; bring to a boil and simmer until warmed through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and top with grated cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado and more cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream.
TIP: If you don’t want to heat up the house just to melt the cheese put a lid on the pan until melted. And if you are using a cast iron skillet even better.