Another little way to take your turkey left overs back to work. This a great for even the deli carved turkey in the stores.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole-berry or jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced
- 8 slices Camembert or Brie cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Baby spinach or any lettuce
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; sauté apple with sugar and cinnamon until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; sauté onion until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sautéed apple.
- Spread cranberry sauce onto cut side of bottom portion of rolls; layer with turkey, apple mixture and cheese. Place on a baking sheet alongside roll tops, cut side up.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese begins to melt and roll tops are golden brown, 45-60 seconds. Add spinach; close sandwiches.
For those that make your own cranberry sauce, the whole berry works really well on these sandwiches. Just be careful not to wear a white shirt. And if you are feeling a little turkey club, add bacon.