I am forever trying to find a good turkey left over recipe. I seem to think more is better when buying a turkey and I am one that makes turkey all year. My love of turkey and pot pies brought me across this recipe earlier this year. Hope you all love it.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan, mix first 4 ingredients until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add vegetables and turkey; cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles; arrange over turkey mixture. Bake until casserole is heated through and topping is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
What could be more simple? Also you can freeze the mixture in portions. Freeze the mixture in bags. Just reheat the mixture – Transfer to baking pan – Add crescent dough.
This can be put in a braid as well. Just a little corn starch to thicken sauce if needed.