Makes 6 servings
· 2 ½ pounds medium potatoes
· 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
· 1 cup sliced pitted black olives
· 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
· ½ cup mayonnaise
· 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
· ¼ cup cider vinegar
· 2 tablespoon chopped red onion
· ½ teaspoon celery seeds
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
· Leaf lettuce, optional
1. Prepare elbow macaroni according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain macaroni in colander; place under cold running water to cool. Drain thoroughly.
2. Remove the stems and seeds from red and green bell peppers. Chop bell peppers and set aside.
3. For dressing, in a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper until well blended
4. Add cooked cooled macaroni. Chopped celery, chopped bell peppers and chopped onion to bowl. Toss with dressing to coat evenly.
5. Place salad on serving platter. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, If desired, and serve.