Makes 4 servings
· ¾ cups all-purpose flour
· ½ teaspoon dried thyme, divided
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 egg yolk
· 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons cold water, divided
· 1 lb. skinless chicken thighs
· 5 cups chicken broth
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 1 medium carrot, sliced
· ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
1. Mix flour, ¼ teaspoon thyme and salt in bowl. Beat egg yolk with 3 tablespoon water in another small bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir until well blended. Shape into ball. Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten. Knead about 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic, adding more flour as necessary. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; let stand 15 minutes
2. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface with rolling pin. Let rolled out dough stand for about 30 minutes to dry. Cut into ¼ – inch wide strips; cut strips 2 inches long.
3. Place chicken thighs and remaining water in saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain and rinse chicken; let cool slightly. Remove chicken meat from bones; discard bones. Cut chicken into ½ inch to ¾ inch pieces.
4. Mix chicken broth, onion, carrot and remaining thyme in saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add noodles. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes or until noodles are done. Stir in chicken pieces and peas. Bring soup to a boil and serve.