PREP TIME:0 hours 20 mins
TOTAL TIME:0 hours 20 mins
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
Freshly ground black pepper
4 c. cauliflower rice
1 tbsp. tomato paste
2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
1 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
1 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
1 c. shredded Cheddar
1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add more olive oil if the skillet seems dry, then add cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir until evenly combined and the cauli rice is slightly red. Add chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and stir until evenly combined.
- Top cauli rice with both cheeses, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.