TOTAL TIME:0 hours 25 mins
1 lb. ziti or rigatoni
3 garlic cloves
1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
2/3 c. half-and-half
1 lb. (31-to 40-ct.) peeled, deveined shrimp
1 c. frozen peas
deep 12-inch skillet
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook 1 pound ziti or rigatoni as label directs. While pasta cooks, work on sauce.
- Chop 3 garlic cloves. Add to deep 12-inch skillet, with 3 tablespoons olive oil, and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes, and 2/3 cups half-and-half to skillet. Heat to a simmering, then simmer for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp, 1 cup frozen peas, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to skillet. Cook until shrimp are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Serve pasta with sauce. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.