Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 50 Mins
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups multi-color cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 4 small chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend, divided
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- Cooked polenta slices (optional)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped and toasted California walnuts
- Fresh basil, snipped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place balsamic vinegar and oil on baking sheet, add tomatoes and toss to coat. Place to one side of the baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt.
- Season chicken with remaining garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Place on baking sheet next to tomatoes. Roast 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top chicken with mozzarella and cook 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Serve chicken, tomatoes and cooking juices over cooked polenta slices, if desired. Top with walnuts and basil.