- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze well to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano until blended. Stir in flour just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion.
- Lightly grease a griddle with butter; heat over medium heat. Drop zucchini mixture by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness (3-in. diameter). Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. If desired, serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 8 zucchini pancakes.