- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter.
- Add potatoes and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, soup, garlic salt and pepper; heat through.
- Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley
- .Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
***Add a little bacon to the top