- 1 medium acorn squash, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 bunch mint
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 c. pomegranate juice
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 c. pomegranate seeds
- Heat oven to 425°F. Remove the seeds from one medium acorn squash, and cut the squash into slices that are ¾-inch thick. Finely chop 1 bunch mint; set aside.
- On large baking sheet, toss squash slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and a pinch cayenne. Roast until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts with ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add to skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add 1/3 cup pomegranate juice, and cook scraping up any brown bits for 1 minute. Add ¼ cup honey and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and cook until thick and syrupy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the glaze. Sprinkle squash with 1/3 cup each crumbled feta and pomegranate seeds and the chopped mint before serving.