- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in vanilla and egg to combine. Add flour mixture, beating until just incorporated.
- Divide dough in half; using plastic wrap to guide, roll into 2 logs, about 8 inches long and 11⁄2 inch in diameter. Roll in pistachios to evenly coat, then wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Slice dough into 1⁄4-inch- thick rounds and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake until tops feel sandy to the touch, 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on sheets 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.