- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with a third of the pasta, half of the ricotta mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1 cup sauce.
- Repeat layers of pasta, ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Top with remaining pasta, sauce mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 12 servings.