Prep: 20 min.
Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients; mix
- well. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Add macaroni and mix well. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender.Garnish with cheese if desired.
If you’re out of elbow macaroni, you can use rotini or small shell pasta in Meaty Tomato Soup. For a true Italian twist, replace the pork sausage with Italian sausage.